South Africa has slashed its growth forecast to 1.4% for 2014 amid a warning that the economy has reached a 'turning point.'
- Crystal Oderson in Cape Town
South African's Northam Platinum has agreed to a $600 million deal with black shareholders that will see it increase its black ownership to over a third, the mid-tier platinum producer said on Wednesday.
- Janet Shoko
Zimbabwe's mobile regulatory authority – the Postal and Regulatory Authority of Zimbabwe (POTRAZ) – has ordered all three mobile network operators to slash voice tariffs to 15 cents per minute with effect from December, down from 23 cents per minute.
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned African countries against rushing to issue Eurobonds, saying they may face exchange rate risks and problems repaying debts.
- Uganda says oil revenue possible alternative to Chinese cash for railway
- Rwanda plans another Eurobond issue
- Ebola fear factor subsides in US financial markets
- Morocco matches skills and growth sectors
- Somalia to get oil flowing by 2020
- Egypt: Israel's Tamar group negotiating gas export deal
- Morocco: Genel, partners make oil discovery