After a series of delays and technical problems affecting the whole value chain, the state-owned petroleum company's new chief executive promises lift-off in July.
- Martin Yeboah and Patrick Smith in Accra
Analysts worry that Africa will become less attractive for exploration as states try to get more from the oil and gas sectors.
Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi are looking for an adviser to help them secure financing for a $4.13 billion railway project aimed at boosting cross-border trade in the region.
Nigeria says it is prepared to host the World Economic Forum on Africa in May, despite growing insecurity, as the threat posed by extreme Islamist group, Boko Haram continues to grow.
- Janet Shoko
If there's one business in Zimbabwe that is bouncy despite economic decline, it is the production of synthetic hair products.
- Sibanye Gold eyes platinum acquisition by end this year
- French, Korean consortium to build $1.4 bln Abidjan rail line
- South Africa: Small businesses suffer as miners strike enters 12th week
- Africa's builders benefit from broadening economies
- Sawiris considers $2bn investment in Telecom Italia
- Total goes ahead with $16 bln Angolan Kaombo oil project
- Egypt's Sawiris ready to invest $1-2 billion in Telecom Italia