Libya has declared force majeure on 11 of its oilfields due to the deteriorating security situation after several oil installations and ports were targeted by attacks, the state-run National Oil Corporation said in a statement on its website on Wednesday.
- Dasmani Laary
Ghana has moved to shore up cocoa production by providing various incentives to old farmers and youths, President John Mahama has said.
Electronic payment service companies, Visa and MasterCard have launched card services aimed at Africa's growing mobile payment industry.
- Rod Nickel in Toronto
Canada's Allana Potash Corp said on Tuesday it will talk with Norwegian fertilizer producer Yara International and three other companies about sharing costs and output in its plan to produce premium fertilizer in Ethiopia.
African Minerals said China's Shandong, its partner in the Tonkolili iron ore mine in Sierra Leone, is seeking control of the whole project, after taking on some of African Minerals' debt from banks and demanding immediate repayment last week.
- Nigeria likely to lower estimate for 2015 GDP after naira drops
- Nigeria hit by fuel shortages
- Banking: Barclays eyes Nigeria licence as it reports higher full year earnings in Africa
- Oil and Gas: Kenya plan needs oil price rebound to advance
- Nestle Nigeria slows capital expenditure as consumers feel devaluation pinch
- Manufacturing: France's CEMOI to open chocolate factory in Cote d'Ivoire
- Zimbabwe's Meikles in $50 million suit against stock exchange