The Somalia Stock Exchange expects seven companies in the telecoms, financial services and transport sectors to list their shares when the bourse is set up in 2015, its founder said.
- Duncan Miriri in Diani, Kenya
- Julia Payne and Camillus Eboh in Abuja
Nigeria's central bank devalued the naira by 8 percent and raised interest rates sharply on Tuesday, as it sought to stem losses to its foreign reserves from defending the currency against weaker oil prices.
- Amira Salah-Ahmed Cairo
A new law permitting non-bank for-profit lending institutions may unleash a revolution in microfinance by allowing more actors and innovators to get involved.
Kenya's central bank chief filed an appeal on Tuesday asking a court to throw out a case accusing him of abusing his office through his involvement in issuing a tender to install security software at the bank.
- OPEC to seek 'consensual step' to halt oil price drop
- Tanzania to increase cement production
- Kenya government and Safaricom sign security contract
- A new beginning for Algeria's Sonatrach
- Zimbabwe: Six-year amnesty for tax defaulters
- Ghana's largest union challenges IMF bailout
- South Africa electricity woes continue