Ghana's finance minister says the country's economic indicators point to a positive trend, given vast improvement in fiscal and current account balances in addition to a surge in real gross domestic product and calm inflationary pressures.
- Olivia Kumwenda-Mtambo
Zambia's economy is expected to expand by 3.7 percent this year, largely stable from last year but could grow more than four percent in 2017, the deputy finance minister said on Wednesday.
- Ed Stoddard
Africa's top gold producer AngloGold Ashanti said on Wednesday that it would not look for a new joint venture partner for its Obuasi mine in Ghana until it had an investment agreement with the government.
Nigeria's parliament has postponed voting on the 2016 budget from Feb. 25 because ministers cannot agree on revised public spending plans, lawmakers said on Tuesday.
- Janet Shoko
Zimbabwe's central bank governor has bemoaned the secrecy surrounding the country's diamond industry saying it was difficult to track income from the sector.
Mining in Democratic Republic of Congo has many challenges and as Randgold Resources developed its Kibali gold mine in the north-east of the central African nation, it came across an unexpected one: the weather.
- Nigeria Treasury single account eliminates opportunities for corrupt practices, limit borrowing
- New Ethiopian Airlines academy launch at the forefront of African aviation development
- Aviation: Zimbabwe shields struggling Air Zimbabwe from competition
- Trade: As EU sugar quota ends, African producers to shift sales to domestic markets
- Mining: South Africa's Amplats to cut 1,000 jobs at Twickenham mine
- Mining: Rio Tinto seeks growth opportunities in Africa
- Workers at Cote d'Ivoire's state oil company Petroci extend strike