In a bid to remove illegal, trespassing miners believed to be starting fires, South Africa's Harmony Gold on Friday announced that it was enforcing a two-week stop to production at its Kusasalethu mine.
Countries across Asia are quietly reaching deals to import liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Mozambique, which could transform its economy and give it a front-row seat in tapping rising global gas demand.
The Zimbabwe government has hired a French based firm, Bureau Veritas, to enforce import standards, while it works on enacting consumer protection and standards laws.
- Investment: Coming to a TV screen near you
- Viettel to invest $1 bn on 3G telecoms network in Tanzania
- Investment: Key delegations set for Zimbabwe
- Botswana: A diamond paradise threatened
- Mali eyes $9.5bn rail projects to unlock iron ore, bauxite deposits
- Nigeria's rainy day savings to reduce impact of falling oil prices
- Tanzania says construction of China-funded port to start in 2015