Singapore will host its third biennial African trade summit in August, building on an already thriving business ecosystem.
- Olivier Monnier in Abidjan, additional reporting from Baudelaire Mieu
The figures for economic growth are putting some swagger in Côte d'Ivoire's stride, but business leaders and oppositionists say the hard work has not even begun. Big infrastructure projects are underway all over the country, although local companies are struggling to access credit.
China has extended 26 billion CFA francs ($51 million) in funding to Mali, the West African country said on Friday, as it negotiates a programme with the International Monetary Fund.
- Nana Ampofo
A new discovery in the Ivory Coast's western waters could be key to the government's plans to raise oil production rapidly by 2019.
South African-focused bullion producer Sibanye Gold said on Friday it was starting talks with unions and other stakeholders about possible job cuts at its Cooke 4 mine to boost profits and productivity.
Economic growth in Liberia and Sierra Leone could decline by as much as 3.5 percentage points as the worst-ever outbreak of Ebola has crippled the key mining, agriculture and services sectors in the two West African countries, the IMF said on Thursday.
- Irregularities in multi-million Zimbabwe power deal denounced
- Africa's Beauty brands primped for profit
- Islamic finance: Searching for Sukuk
- Tanzanian growth accelerates on back of gold production - stats office
- Zimbabwe's Innscor earnings hit as consumer spending falters
- Economic growth forecasts cut for Ebola-hit West African nations
- South Sudan: China Intervenes