Ghana's public sector debt is literally on hot-air balloon, rising from GH₵52,125.91 million at the end of December, 2013 to GH₵69,705.9 million at the end of September 2014.
- Arno Schuetze in Frankfurt
As it focuses more on emerging markets, South African firm, Naspers is selling its Swiss online retailer Ricardo in a deal potentially worth 300-400 million Swiss francs ($310-413 million).
- Crystal Oderson in Cape Town
South African banks and consumers have welcomed the central bank's decision to keep interest rates unchanged for the current quarter.
Ghana's Tema Port, which handles 70 percent of the national trade and traffic, is set to be expanded following the signing of a memorandum of understanding between that country's government and port operator, APM Terminals.
- Karin Strohecker in London
Nigeria's Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala says the West African country will have to adjust to oil prices heading lower for some time to come.
A $133 million loan to fund a project aimed at improving access to electricity among poor populations in Kenya's rural areas has been approved by the African Development Bank (AfDB).
The Kinazi Cassava Plant (KCP), Dutch Agricultural Development & Trading Company (DADTCO) and IFDC Rwanda are proud to announce their intended partnership, aiming to develop new markets for farmers and strengthening the cassava value chain in Rwanda.
- Ethiopian Airlines secures ING loan for new aircraft
- Ethiopian Airlines eyes African aviation liberalisation in 2015
- Kenya: Mombasa port expects to handle 14 percent more cargo in 2014
- Kenya: LeapFrog buys majority stake in Resolution Insurance
- Ghana national oil company to take over state gas firm
- Nigeria: China Railway Construction wins $12 bn deal
- Ghana to remove import duties on smartphones, raise tobacco taxes