Ghana's fourth Eurobond issue to finance its domestic debt was oversubscribed by 100 percent, a development the government said indicated confidence in the country's economy.
- Reinnier Kazé
The Banque Camerounaise des Petites et Moyennes Entreprises (BC-PME), which targets the country's small businesses, finally opened in July after its creation in June 2011 by president Paul Biya.
- Edmund Blair and Jean Paul Arouff
Mauritius has a deal with a Chinese firm to develop a $113 million fishing port and is working with investors on plans to become a maritime hub for Africa, part of its bid to accelerate growth, the island nation's finance minister said on Thursday.
- Chris Mfula in Lusaka
Mining companies in Zambia have asked the government to set mineral royalties for both underground and open pit operations at 6 percent to mitigate the negative impact of falling copper prices on the industry, sources said.
- Philip Blenkinsop
SABMiller, the world's second largest brewer, has promptly rejected an improved offer from bigger rival Anheuser-Busch InBev, saying on Wednesday that its 68 billion-pound ($104 billion) valuation was insufficient.
- A small-time player joins the big league
- Ghana waiting for the skies to clear
- Zimbabwe's black empowerment tax to be based on gross revenue
- Cote d'Ivoire: Construction of Abidjan port upgrades begins
- AB InBev makes new $103 bn bid for rival SABMiller
- Morocco’s economic diplomacy in Côte d’Ivoire
- Morocco: A battle royale