African countries can use deliberate trade policies to achieve growth through industrial development and structural transformation.
AccorHotels has sealed a deal with Angolan insurance and investment company AAA Activos to open 50 hotels in the country by 2017, the French company said, as part of its expansion in Africa.
National Bank of Kenya's (NBK) expansion plan could be delayed by at least three years after its failure to win approval for a rights issue, the bank's chief executive said.
Uganda's central bank governor said it was not sustainable to continue supporting the currency and maintain it at a level not reflective of its market value and that depreciation was "unavoidable" because of weak exports.
- Kenya: Multi million investments as US extends AGOA trade deal
- Malawi eyes $10 bn in prospective investments at trade forum
- South Africa set to import white maize from Zambia and Mexico
- Morocco's Platinum Power to invest over $800 million in Cameroon hydropower project
- Oil and Gas: Uganda shortlists 17 firms to bid for exploration blocks
- South Africa: Vodacom sale to inject capital to the struggling power utility Eskom
- Tanzania raises fuel prices across the board in latest review