The spy chief turned bank chief is bullish about the development bank's impact in the region, but says risk mitigation must inform large multi-country projects
- Gilbert Nganga in Nairobi
In Kenya's fractious politics, leaders across the spectrum are having difficulty keeping all of their allies in line
Woolworths, South Africa's largest retailer by market capitalisation, reported a 20.5 percent rise in full-year profit, boosted by sales at the Australian department store chain it bought last year and defying a tepid economy at home.
Renewable energy, the sharing economy and transportation innovation are reshaping economies across the world. Will Africa be able to leapfrog in its development to build revolutionary electricity, manufacturing and transportation networks?
- Angola's economy slows down because of weaker oil prices
- Kenya hotelier TPS Eastern Africa receiving loan from French institution
- South Africa's struggling steel industry hit with import tariff increase
- Abundant cocoa crops in Ivory Coast reliant on mixed weather conditions
- South Africa's state giants on verge of collapse
- Nigerian banks restructure loans to reduce domestic debt
- Egypt seeks liquefied natural gas from Jordan