Unions at South African gold producers are divided over whether to accept a final wage offer and avert the kind of prolonged strike that affected the platinum sector last year.
- Zandi Shabalala in Johannesburg
Ecobank is working on a plan to restructure loans to Nigerian states, the pan-African lender said on Friday.
A fall in Kenyan food prices pushed inflation lower in July, official data showed on Friday, defying market expectations which forecast a slight increase in the cost of living.
Tunisia's Syphax has temporarily halted all flights, it said, citing a decision by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) to suspend all activity with the airline.
- Chris Mfula
Zambia's power supplier Copperbelt Energy Corp. (CEC) has delayed a plan to reduce electricity to mines after mining firms warned they would have to close processing plants and shed jobs, industry sources said on Friday.
Kenya Airways sunk deeper into the red in the year through March, sending its shares plummeting on Thursday, but CEO Mbuvi Ngunze said the tourism slump that sparked the losses may have bottomed out.
- Zimbabwe sees growth prospects despite trade deficit tumble
- African Development Bank: New leadership, same direction
- Major Ivorian cocoa buyers boycott local exporters scheme
- Tourism slump deepens Kenya Airways pretax losses
- Kenya: A quarter of state budget unaccounted for
- Finance: Zimbabwe electronic transfers to hit $50 bn
- Zambia increases refined fuel imports to prevent shortages