Kais Marzouki is the Head of West and Central Africa for Nestlé. Despite tougher economic times in Africa, the company sees value in the continent.
At least 17 companies have expressed an interest in operating Air Botswana as the government embarks on its latest drive to privatise loss-making state companies.
Old Mutual is on track to complete its break-up into four parts by the end of 2018, although improvements to IT systems at its UK asset management unit could take longer and cost more than expected, the chief executive said on Thursday.
Abu Dhabi-listed telecoms group Etisalat's Nigerian affiliate is in talks with local banks to renegotiate the terms of a $1.2 billion loan it took out four years ago to expand its network in the country after missed payments, a senior executive told Reuters.
Cameroon and the International Monetary Fund are considering a two-year aid programme for the Central African country to deliver sustained and inclusive economic growth.
European Union (EU) border management agency, Frontex will set up a base in Niger later this year to step up its efforts to ensure fewer people get to European shores.
South African fishing company Sea Harvest will raise as much as $100 million in a stock market flotation that values the company at 3.4 billion rand, it said on Monday.
- Somalia says drought kills 110 in the past 48 hours
- Safaricom's CEO: A decade on, M-Pesa has room to grow
- Bidco to invest $200 mln, aims to quadruple Kenya revenue
- MTN keeps dividend flowing after first loss in 20 years
- Somalia's president calls for urgent food aid as six million face hunger.
- General Motors plans to sell stake in East African unit to Isuzu
- Malawi looks to industrial hemp crop to increase foreign earnings.