Nigeria will look to issue a debut diaspora bond by March to raise funds from Nigerians abroad, after completing a $1 bn eurobond sale this month, a finance ministry source told Reuters on Wednesday.
Uganda and Tanzania have awarded a contract for designing a crude oil pipeline running through both east African countries to US based firm Gulf Interstate Engineering, an official document seen by Reuters on Wednesday showed.
Gold rallied to its highest level in more than a month on Tuesday as the dollar dipped ahead of a news conference on Wednesday by U. President-elect Donald Trump.
Ghana President Nana Akufo-Addo is likely to name investment banker Ken Ofori-Atta as finance minister, three sources close to the presidency told Reuters on Sunday.
Nigeria's sovereign wealth fund is setting up a company in partnership with London-based local currency guarantee firm GuarantCo to enable pension funds to invest in Nigerian infrastructure bonds, its chief executive said on Thursday.
State-run Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has awarded its 2017 crude oil term contracts to 39 companies, the company said on Tuesday.
- Morocco's central bank approves five Islamic banks
- World Bank adds $500m to Ghana oil and gas project financing
- Mali's informal gold miners could soon rival industrial producers
- South Africa's Steinhoff and Shoprite in merger talks
- South Africa's power utility Eskom to invite bids to expand nuclear capacity
- IMF advises Zambia to delay re-financing $2.8bn of eurobonds
- South Africa's Sibanye Gold to buy Stillwater Mining for $2.2bn