South Africa's Sibanye Gold took a major step outside its home market on Friday with a $2.2bn cash bid for Stillwater Mining, the only US miner of platinum and palladium.
Egyptian Central Bank Governor Tarek Amer has said nothing would prompt him to intervene to prop up the pound after floating the currency in a dramatic move last month, calling those policies "history".
Tanzania is in talks with Nigeria's Dangote Cement on the supply of natural gas to a manufacturing plant for the building material, but negotiations are currently held up over prices, said a government body in the East African country.
- Reinnier Kazé in Yaoundé
Some of 83-year-old President Biya’s supporters want him to continue in office for another term in 2018 while others are calling for an early vote. With the government intimidating the opposition, there is little chance of Biya’s critics being able to push back against it
South African lender FirstRand said on Monday suspicions of money-laundering lay behind its decision to cut ties with a business family linked to allegations of influence-peddling in President Jacob Zuma's government.
Kenya Airways said on Monday it was experiencing some disruptions to its flight schedules after an undisclosed number of technicians failed to show up for work, the latest in a series of labour-related hiccups to face the airline.
- South Africa's Gordhan orders inquiry into tax agency
- Nigeria's UBA gets $150m loan from African Development Bank
- Mozambique oil and gas contracts to be signed early next year
- S.Africa mine sector on a "knife edge" due to political strife: Sibanye CEO
- Fastjet chairman resigns as airline seeks more funds
- Uganda cocoa output expected to rise 15% in three years
- Consortium led by French group Total wins Ivory Coast LNG deal