Africa's biggest grocery retailer Shoprite is in talks with Steinhoff about buying its African assets in an all-share deal that would create a group with $15bn in annual sales, the pair said on Wednesday.
South African power utility Eskom will this week invite bids to build six nuclear reactors in the government's push to increase nuclear capacity, its acting CEO said on Tuesday, despite the concerns of campaign groups and economists.
Zambia should delay its planned re-financing of $2.8bn worth of eurobonds until financing conditions ease, an International Monetary Fund (IMF) representative said on Monday.
South Africa's Sibanye Gold took a major step outside its home market on Friday with a $2.2bn cash bid for Stillwater Mining, the only US miner of platinum and palladium.
Egyptian Central Bank Governor Tarek Amer has said nothing would prompt him to intervene to prop up the pound after floating the currency in a dramatic move last month, calling those policies "history".
Tanzania is in talks with Nigeria's Dangote Cement on the supply of natural gas to a manufacturing plant for the building material, but negotiations are currently held up over prices, said a government body in the East African country.
- Cameroon: Staying power
- South Africa's FirstRand closed Gupta accounts on money-laundering fears
- Kenya Airways says some flights delayed after technicians skip work
- South Africa's Gordhan orders inquiry into tax agency
- Nigeria's UBA gets $150m loan from African Development Bank
- Mozambique oil and gas contracts to be signed early next year
- S.Africa mine sector on a "knife edge" due to political strife: Sibanye CEO