South Africa's anti-graft watchdog has reopened an investigation into whether Barclays Africa Group benefited from an apartheid-era bailout, the bank said on Friday.
Zimbabwe's biggest mobile telephone company has pushed up data charges by a multiple of 25 in line with new regulations, prompting critics to complain that President Robert Mugabe's government is trying to throttle the use of social media.
Scientists say a recently discovered area of peatland straddling the two Congos contains 30 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide, equivalent to 20 years of US greenhouse gas emissions, and must be protected to prevent major environmental damage.
Nigeria will look to issue a debut diaspora bond by March to raise funds from Nigerians abroad, after completing a $1 bn eurobond sale this month, a finance ministry source told Reuters on Wednesday.
Uganda and Tanzania have awarded a contract for designing a crude oil pipeline running through both east African countries to US based firm Gulf Interstate Engineering, an official document seen by Reuters on Wednesday showed.
Gold rallied to its highest level in more than a month on Tuesday as the dollar dipped ahead of a news conference on Wednesday by U. President-elect Donald Trump.
- Ghana's new president to name investment banker as finance minister
- Nigeria's sovereign fund in credit tie-up to unlock infrastructure funding
- Nigeria's NNPC awards 2017 crude oil term contracts to 39 companies
- Morocco's central bank approves five Islamic banks
- World Bank adds $500m to Ghana oil and gas project financing
- Mali's informal gold miners could soon rival industrial producers
- South Africa's Steinhoff and Shoprite in merger talks