Mozambique's National Petroleum (INP) expects to sign new oil and gas prospecting contracts by early next year with the companies awarded rights to test for hydrocarbons across the country, an official said today.
South Africa's key mining industry is at risk of collapse due to political unrest and labour instability which have negatively impacted investment into the country, the chief executive of the nation's biggest gold company said today.
African budget airline Fastjet said it would seek more funds sooner than originally expected to achieve a turnaround, prompting Chairman Colin Child to resign on Friday after months of the company battling its second-biggest investor to retain him.
Uganda's cocoa production is likely to increase by 15% over the next three years, boosted by additional maturing trees in the country's western region, a leading industry executive said today.
French oil major Total, the Ivorian state oil company and four other partners have formally established a consortium to build a liquid natural gas (LNG) import terminal meant to feed the country's growing electricity consumption.
Dubai-based conglomerate Emarat Dzayer Group said it had signed a joint venture agreement to develop a $1.6 bn steel factory in Algeria, boosting the North African country's drive to diversify its economy and attract foreign investment.
South Africa's biggest consumer foods maker, Tiger Brands, reported a 19% rise in full-year profit today, after disposing of a loss-making Nigerian unit.
- Uganda names Sinopec among firms interested in refinery
- South Africa slows nuclear power expansion plans
- Drought, weak economy to impact South African food producers in 2017
- Moody's predicts 2.5% expansion in Nigeria's 2017 GDP if oil output rises
- Nigeria needs billions in new investment to raise oil output, producer says
- Freeport closes Congo mine sale; Trump's victory triggers rise of copper
- Congo state miner gave royalties to Israeli billionaire