Reformists took two years to persuade governments to give up some sovereignty and join a union that would promote accountability and economic development.
- Wednesday, 22 May 2013 11:52
- Patrick Smith
- Tuesday, 21 May 2013 17:18
- Samia Nkrumah (Interviewed by Billie Adjoa McTernan)
By rejecting continental unity Africa is depriving itself of wealth and autonomy, says Nkrumah's daughter.
- Monday, 20 May 2013 16:35
- Gemma Ware
At the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, the world's largest mobile-phone conference, MTN's chief executive Sifiso Dabengwa spoke to The Africa Report about expansion, data and why he might decide to raise prices.
- Monday, 20 May 2013 16:09
- Elissa Jobson and Parselelo Kantai in addis ababa
The continent cannot wait until the African standby force becomes operational in 2015 to be able to resolve conflicts like Mali, says the AU Commission chair. Inequality – at the root of these crises – must also be addressed.