Emerging markets face another wave of ratings downgrades next year, with Brazil at risk of a cut to junk and the Africa/Middle East region potentially given a 'negative outlook', Fitch Ratings' top sovereign analyst said in an interview.
- Thursday, 26 November 2015 11:24
- Marc Jones
- Wednesday, 25 November 2015 16:07
- Charlie Hamilton in Bagamoyo
The government's partnership with Swedish company EcoEnergy was touted as a flagship for foreign investment. NGOs say it is a land grab. Caught in the middle for the past four years are the farmers due compensation.
- Wednesday, 11 March 2015 13:25
- Julien Clémençot in Cape Town
The manager of Airtel's Africa operations says that the years of difficulty are behind the company and that mobile internet and banking will buoy the firm's performance.
- Wednesday, 11 March 2015 11:25
South Africa's Harmony Gold said it has discovered gold and copper deposits at its Kili Teke exploration site in Papua New Guinea, which could be similar to its other resources in the Pacific Island nation.
- Thursday, 04 December 2014 13:30
- George Obulutsa in Nairobi
Safaricom launched Kenya's first fourth-generation (4G) Internet services on Thursday, seeking to capitalise on burgeoning mobile Internet use in the country.