Ministers young and old strive for the excellence and innovation of Mauritius's science and music stars.
- Thursday, 02 April 2015 17:34
- Interview by Nicholas Norbrook
Debretsion Gebremichael, Deputy prime minister, Ethiopia, rose to eminence within the liberation struggle at the helm of the rebels' intelligence services.
- Thursday, 02 April 2015 11:26
- Jacey Fortin in Addis Ababa
The 'developmental army' of Ethiopians recruited by the government has created real momentum, with the economy growing at a double-digit pace each year for nearly a decade. But many people are still struggling, and regular citizens complain about the lack of freedom and top-down initiatives.
- Wednesday, 01 April 2015 16:10
- Merkeb Negash Senior researcher, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ethiopia
Developmental states reject the free-market model of development because they do not have the advanced-world assets to compete on a level playing field.