Education activists in Uganda have called on the government and head teachers to change the policy of preventing pregnant students or nestling girls, who give birth while still at school, from writing their final national exams.
East & Horn Africa
- Friday, 31 October 2014 13:43
- Godfrey Olukya
- Thursday, 30 October 2014 14:54
- Parselelo Kantai in Malindi Photograph by Andrew Njoroge for TAR
Poor and marginalised despite its rich residents, Malindi will be an important test of Kenya's newly decentralised government after changes to the constitution in 2010 devolved power to 47 counties.
- Wednesday, 29 October 2014 17:36
- Parselelo Kantai in Malindi Photographs by Andrew Njoroge for TAR
After three decades of mafia money and a rampant sex trade Malindi's tourist income is drying up. Will the separatists gain ground or can the town reinvent itself?
- Wednesday, 29 October 2014 16:44
- Dasmani Laary
A group of Ghanaians say the current crop of the continent's leaders are failing because they are still tied to the apron strings of the "colonial masters", giving them negative account of their own countries to secure financial or technical aid.