China and the US on Tuesday jointly sent out a hopeful signal that one of the biggest stumbling blocks in the climate negotiations has potentially evaporated.
News & Analysis
- Wednesday, 12 November 2014 17:42
- Rehana Dada
- Wednesday, 15 October 2014 11:47
- Bernardo Vizcaino
Governments across Africa are using sukuk as a way to attract cash-rich Islamic investors.
- Friday, 03 October 2014 15:46
- Mwangi Kimenyi and John Mbaku
After more than 50 years of independence, African countries remain embroiled in the controversy over which political model – democracy or authoritarianism – to adopt in order to enhance economic and human development.
- Friday, 12 September 2014 16:50
- Olivier Monnier in Abidjan, additional reporting from Baudelaire Mieu
The figures for economic growth are putting some swagger in Côte d'Ivoire's stride, but business leaders and oppositionists say the hard work has not even begun. Big infrastructure projects are underway all over the country, although local companies are struggling to access credit.