Having brought opposing forces together, culminating in the signing of a new constitution, the union leader has come out of the political deadlock as a man with popular support and potential for a career in politics.
- Friday, 07 March 2014 17:44
- Frida Dahmani in Tunis
- Friday, 07 March 2014 12:44
- Julien clémençot and Frédéric Maury
In December, France hosted the Elysée Summit for Peace and Security in Africa. Apart from seeking to combat violence in the region, the conference revealed France's clear pivot towards Africa, as the cabinet minister explained to The Africa Report.
- Thursday, 06 March 2014 13:20
The COMESA-based financial institution is expanding its geographical reach in Africa and attracting investors from the continent, Asia and Europe.
- Wednesday, 05 March 2014 18:12
- Olivier Monnier in Abidjan, Billie Adwoa McTernan in Accra, Monica Mark in Abuja, Jeff Mbanga in Kampala, Patrick Gathara in Nairobi and Crystal Orderson in Johannesburg
MPs can be preening, corrupt, overpaid and opportunist. But activists increasingly see them as key allies in the struggle for change against overbearing presidents and ministers.
- Wednesday, 05 March 2014 06:09
The European Investment Bank (EIB) has granted Tunisia 500 million euro in loans.