In Mozambique the ruling party's relatively unknown presidential candidate won the October elections without much surprise. So far in politics, he has played tough with the opposition and toed the party line.
- Monday, 20 October 2014 16:21
- The Africa Report
- Friday, 10 October 2014 11:54
- Crystal Orderson in Cape Town and Patrick Smith
Nene talks to The Africa Report about the need to create jobs, finance infrastructure and reduce the budget deficit, while outlining why a new development bank for the BRICS economies will benefit Africa most.
- Tuesday, 01 July 2014 16:53
- Elissa Jobson in Addis Ababa
Prime Minister Abdiweli Sheikh Ahmed talks to The Africa Report about the international fight against Somali-based Islamist rebels and the government's difficulties in re-establishing stability.
- Wednesday, 30 April 2014 16:54
- Finnigan wa Simbeye in Dar es Salaam
Joseph Sinde Warioba, Tanzania's former Prime Minister has fallen foul of President Jakaya Kikwete after surveying what people want from a new constitution. Based on his findings, he proposed a three-tiered government.
- Monday, 30 September 2013 17:29
- Gregory Mthembu-Salter in Kinshasa
Prime Minister Augustin Matata Ponyo Mapon talks candidly to The Africa Report about democracy, the country's recent economic performance and negotiations with the M23 rebels.