Owuor's new novel Dust highlights the role of violence in Kenya's history and how humans rewrite their memories.
Society and Culture
- Friday, 14 February 2014 14:30
- Mark Anderson in Addis Ababa
The Saudi government's crackdown has sent floods of migrant workers home.
- Friday, 17 January 2014 17:16
- Billie Adwoa McTernan
With demand for local-language movies, partnerships with Nigerian directors and actors and a new international film festival, Ghana's movie-making industry is growing fast.
- Friday, 17 January 2014 15:28
- Gregory Mthembu- Salter in Kinshasa, Johannesburg and Cape Town
At the age of 14 Augustin Kayembe was hawking drinks from a cooler. Now his nightclubs, infused with the Congolese sound, are spread across the continent.