The government of Ghana, in a historical move, has closed down one of the many witches' camps at Bonyasi, a community in Central Gonja District in the northern part of the country, housing suspected witches for years without trial.
Society and Culture
- Wednesday, 03 December 2014 17:34
- Rehana Dada
Decisions in Lima on many of issues will determine whether the new climate agreement in discussion will have the backbone to keep global warming within a manageable range. And with equity seeking its place at the negotiating table, the tone is now set for global action on climate change from 2020.
- Wednesday, 29 October 2014 17:36
- Parselelo Kantai in Malindi Photographs by Andrew Njoroge for TAR
After three decades of mafia money and a rampant sex trade Malindi's tourist income is drying up. Will the separatists gain ground or can the town reinvent itself?
- Tuesday, 28 October 2014 11:55
- Kim Garner in Johannesburg and Gemma Ware
Training graduates on the job and e-learning are two ways of filling the huge gap in qualified educators.