With less than two weeks to South Africa's elections, political parties are stepping up their campaigns to win the hearts and minds of close to 26 million registered voters.
- Wednesday, 23 April 2014 15:26
- Crystal van Vyk
There is renewed hope the three month strike in the platinum mining sector is nearing an end following a revised wage offer from mine owners.
- Wednesday, 23 April 2014 15:00
- Janet Shoko
The Zimbabwean government may fail to meet its wage bill in the coming months, as economists warn that the economy and the country's tax base may not be able to afford a 23% increase recently awarded to public workers.
- Thursday, 17 April 2014 17:57
- By Gregory Mthembu-Salter, Crystal Orderson and Patrick Smith in Cape Town
With the ruling African National Congress certain of victory in the coming national elections, attention turns to the countervailing forces within the party, and to voters who differ sharply over their country's future political direction.
- Thursday, 17 April 2014 16:41
- Martin Yeboah and Patrick Smith in Accra
After a series of delays and technical problems affecting the whole value chain, the state-owned petroleum company's new chief executive promises lift-off in July.