The cattle industry in Nigeria will not take off unless more money is invested and more time is spent on addressing the conditions of pastoralist herding communities.
- Friday, 17 April 2015 17:00
- Tolu Ogunlesi in Lagos, with additional reporting from Patrick Smith
After years of little progress against Boko Haram, Nigeria's military – with the help of regional allies – has launched its most important offensive ahead of polls.
- Friday, 17 April 2015 08:00
- Tansa Musa in Yaounda and Diadie Ba in Dakar
Cameroon state airline Camair-Co will use $50 million from African lender Ecobank to relaunch its operations, a senior executive said, as national carriers in West Africa seek cash and strategic partners to stay afloat.
- Friday, 17 April 2015 07:36
French bank Societe Generale plans to expand its retail and commercial activities in West Africa to target increasing Chinese investments in the region, a bank executive said on Thursday.
- Friday, 17 April 2015 07:12
- Stella Dawson in Washington
The Ebola-stricken nations of West Africa are asking international donors to cancel their debts and give them $5-6 billion over two years to rebuild their economies, devastated by the deadly disease, Sierra Leone's president said on Thursday.