Mandela Washington Fellowship for young African leaders' initiative has concluded a three-day regional conference in Ghana, with a call on African leaders to pursue inclusive financial, social and digital policies to quicken the continent's development pace.
- Thursday, 26 May 2016 11:31
- Dasmani Laary
- Thursday, 26 May 2016 11:08
- Former President of Nigeria - H.E. President Olusegun Obasanjo
Every year, thousands of young Africans join an exodus from their families' small, often struggling farms in the countryside. Their dream – sometimes fulfilled, often not – is to find a more rewarding and stimulating life in the continent´s rapidly growing cities. Few return, but even fewer ever completely sever their ties.
- Thursday, 26 May 2016 10:50
- Lansana Gberie, Africa Renewal
With the emergence of groups like Boko Haram in Nigeria, and the spread of Somalia's Al-Shabaab attacks into Kenya and Uganda, many are asking whether terrorism is becoming the dominant mode of conflict across Africa.
- Thursday, 26 May 2016 08:24
- James Harding Giahyue, additional reporting by Guy Faulconbridge in London
A grand jury in Liberia on Wednesday indicted government officials, including the speaker of parliament and the head of the ruling party, along with London AIM-listed Sable Mining on charges including bribery.
- Thursday, 26 May 2016 08:00
- Alexis Akwagyiram and Camillus Eboh, in Abuja
Nigeria's Senate on Wednesday passed a motion to invite Central bank governer, Godwin Emefiele and Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun to explain how a shift to a more flexible foreign exchange policy could help the economy to contend with its worst crisis in decades.
- Wednesday, 25 May 2016 16:20
- Marshall Van Valen in Lusaka
The African Development Bank's (AfDB) Annual Meeting in Lusaka got its official start on its second day and confirmed the principle that big personalities mean big waiting around.