With climate-related flooding causing devastation in Nigeria and climate-related drought deepening food insecurity in East Africa, the urgency of turning high-level negotiations in Sharm el Sheikh into practical action for people on the frontline of the climate crisis in Africa has never been greater.
Adaptation and innovation are critical to the continent’s ability to imagine a Net-zero pathway that would allow the continent to meet its energy and economic needs while addressing its specific climate risks.
This digital event will sketch out what success at COP27 would look like for the continent and examine the financing deals and the latest thinking on mitigation and adaptation. Featuring high-ranking officials, continental business leaders, and hard-nosed activists, we will unpick the promises and proposals, and look at the solutions on offer.
- UN Climate Change High-Level Champion, Dr. Mahmoud Mohieldin
- Linda Mabhena-Olagunju, CEO, DLO Energy Resources Group (Pty) Ltd
- Christopher Chijiutomi, Managing director, Head of Infrastructure Equity, Africa & Pakistan
- Olajobi Makinwa, Chief, Intergovernmental Relations & Africa at UN Global Compact
- Lilian Macharia, Director, Division of Portfolio Management, Green Climate Fund
- Nicholas Norbrook, Managing Editor The Africa Report – Moderator
Understand Africa's tomorrow... today
We believe that Africa is poorly represented, and badly under-estimated. Beyond the vast opportunity manifest in African markets, we highlight people who make a difference; leaders turning the tide, youth driving change, and an indefatigable business community. That is what we believe will change the continent, and that is what we report on. With hard-hitting investigations, innovative analysis and deep dives into countries and sectors, The Africa Report delivers the insight you need.View subscription options